Public Health Dist. 8-2
SWGA Cancer Coalition
Respiratory Care, A.S.
Summary of 2002-2005 Activities
Allied Health Technology Collaborative
- Completed development of a collaborative distance learning associate degree program in Medical Lab Technology, tripling the program enrollment and increasing certification exam scores of program graduates. The MLT program is being offered in three rural regions of Georgia: Southwest, Southeast, and Northwest.
- Development continuing on a collaborative distance learning A.S. program in Health Information Technology.
- Developed printed brochures and distributed to collaborative partners for recruiting and advising efforts.
- Developed multimedia rich Intro to MLT Orientation course for new MLT students.
- Produced numerous digital video vignettes to support program Websites, especially MTL procedures.
- Development continuing on Histotechnology, Respiratory Care, and Health Information courses.
Public Health Information Regional Network (PHIRN)
- Created first website presence for regional Public Health Districts 8-2 and 9-2.
- Serving the public by creating digital and video resources to assist the Regional Public Health District with public communication on response training, risk communication, community security, disaster procedures, disease prevention, and other threats to public safety.
- Darton College Director of Instructional Technology & Distance Learning (ITDL) appointed to the Public Health All Hazards Advisory Board.
- Darton College hosted meeting of the (DIPR) Group for the
- Darton College to participate in the public health strategic planning for southwest Georgia region
- Perspectives on Bioterrorism and All Hazards Preparedness, presented by the Regional Health Director at the Rural Health Care Summit, aired on Channel 19 and archived for distribution on videotape and CD ROM.
- Strategic planning for deployment of training for public health first responders is under development.
- Continuing collaboration with Public Health District offices to identify additional resources for the Public Health Information Regional Network website.
- Development of Heath Information Privacy Act online course for Public Health professionals in progress.
- CDROM archives of CDC bio-terrorism and hazard preparedness produced for Public Health District 8-2
- Darton College ITDL produced Smallpox Post-Vaccination Education video for Public Health Departments.
- Developed and deployed Websites for educator workshops with workshop overviews, course descriptions, workshop calendars, and online registration, as well as promotional and recruitment materials.
- Development continuing on Web-based course segments for educator workshops.
- Developed online technology course for educators.
- Interactive content, animated graphics, flash animations streaming audio, video content, and multimedia presentations developed for MLT courses and educator workshops.
- Developed WebCT courses to support the educators workshops instruction.
- Delivered technology integration courses for K-12 educators during Summer 02, Spring 03, and Fall 04.
- Held planning meetings between instructional designers, content developers, program directors, and faculty at Darton College and Armstrong Atlantic State University.
- Conducted workshops for Armstrong faculty including use of WebCT for effective instruction, design & development issues for online content, streaming content, Flash animation modules, and interactive modules.